Near-Infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy
Leadership in Near Infrared Emitter Technology to enable Mobile Spectroscopy solutions
Near-infrared Spectroscopy (NIR) has the power to transform industries as it enables producers and consumers to analyze materials without the use of complex measurement equipment. The broad range of possible applications includes the areas of agriculture, retail, medical as well as mobile devices like smart phones and tablets. OSRAM Opto Semiconductors is the number 1 supplier for Near Infrared emitters which are a key element for the next generation of NIR spectroscopy systems and solutions.
OSLON® P1616 - SFH 4737
One product fits all
- Broad homogenous spectrum between 650 nm and 1050 nm (NIR)
- Smallest dimensions package: 1,6 × 1,6 × 0.9 mm³
- Total radiant flux in NIR of 74 mW @ 350 mA
- Radiant intensity in NIR of 18 mW/sr @ 350 mA
- Half-angle: ± 65°
How does it work?
Near-infrared spectroscopy enables such things as the water, fat, sugar and protein content of food to be measured. This technology uses the characteristic absorption behavior of certain molecular compounds. If a defined light spectrum is directed at a sample it is possible to determine the presence and quantity of certain ingredients from the wavelength distribution of the reflected light. An IRED, such as the?SFH 4737 acts as a compact light source for the spectrometer.
Near-infrared Spectroscopy (NIR)
- Vegetables & fruit: Water content, carbs, calories
- Dairy products: Calories, fat, proteins, water
- Medication validation
- Grain & fruit: best time for harvesting